Market Square

Every other day or so, carts and wagons gather in the square and offer goods to the people of Threshold. Once each week on Friday (and also Wednesday during harvest season), the official Market Day acts as a siren’s song, calling most of the villagers to shop and socialize in the square. Farmers sell produce, hunters hawk smoked meats, villagers sell crafts, and sometimes a trader from the north sells implements or costly goods.

Market stall allotment is managed by Devereau in the Town Hall.

On any given day, there is a 25% chance of goods being for sale in the Market Square. This chance increases to 75% if no goods were for sale the previous day. Goods are always for sale on Market Day.

When goods are for sale, there is a 50% chance that any item listed under “Adventuring Gear” (PFCR, p. 158) is available here at 100% listed price. Additionally, there is a 10% chance that any item listed under the remaining “Goods and Services” categories (PFCR, p. 158-159) is available here at 120% listed price. On Market Day, these chances increase to 75% and 25%, respectively.

On any given Market Day, there is a 15% chance of a minor magic item being for sale. Such an item, if present, can be purchased for 300% listed price.

Armor, weapons, and contraband are never available for purchase in the Market Square.

Market Square

The Reign of Darkness lsam2